Saturday, October 31, 2009

Breeders' Cup Nominations to Handicap

The Turk has taken a well deserved Handicapper's Holiday the past few weeks, but with the release of the advanced PPs for the Breeders' Cup, my horseplayers soul is stirring. After careful deliberations, I'm forgoing Juvenile races on both days as well as the Marathon and the Turf Sprint. I'm going to focus my attention on three races on Friday and five on Saturday and hopefully find quality handicaps to match the effort I'll put in. This is a dangerous time for me: I don't like pre-event hype to cloud my thinking, but I love the focus and media attention the Breeders' Cup races harness. I'm going to do my best to stick to Clocker's Reports and fluff pieces, but it won't be easy. Anyway, let's get it on!

Breeders' Cup Friday: The Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint Grade I; 7 Furlongs on Fake Dirt for F&M 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Friday: The Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf Grade I; 1 1/4 Miles on Turf for F&M 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Friday: The Breeders' Cup Distaff Grade I; 1 1/8 Miles on Fake Dirt for F&M 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Saturday: The Breeders' Cup Fake Dirt Mile Grade I; 1Mile on Fake Dirt for 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Saturday: The Breeders' Cup Mile Grade I; 1 Mile on Turf for 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Saturday: The Breeders' Cup Sprint Grade I; 6 Furlongs on Fake Dirt for 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Saturday: The Breeders' Cup Turf Grade I; 1 1/2 Miles on Turf for 3 YO and Up.



Breeders' Cup Saturday: The Breeders' Cup Classic Grade I; 1 1/4 Miles on Fake Dirt for 3 YO and Up.



You have to start somewhere. In this horseplayers mind it always starts with picking (or nominating) which races to dedicate time and energy into breaking down. We'll be on the hunt of Exotics on both days, and with big fields The Turk does his work happily with the expectations of big payouts and exciting racing. I'll be updating these spreadsheets during the week as I sip bourbon and look for divine guidance.

Until then, have fun, Turk Out!

No comments: