Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Leftovers: A Slice of Cold Turk-ey

The business end of the Turkey, where all my best handicaps come from.

The Turk has a real problem: I love the Derby Trail, but I really hate betting these prep races because I'm just not that good at it. Instead of losing hard fought positive ROI on these equine rookies I'm going to blog-recap the best of the previous weekends races and let my trip handicapping eye influence my opinion for awhile.

Speaking of cramping my style, I've been so fixated on my actual gambling I forget to blog much in January. I just can't help myself, no matter how disciplined I think I am on occasion I flip the script on life and let it all go. I was a machine the last two weekends on the 4 YOs and Up and Turf races, and was quite content to ignore the youngsters. The calendar is about to change to February and the first 2012 Wire Players Derby Dozen Poll is about to be released so I better get my act in gear.

If you like great insight and snarky comments, check out the Derby Dozen folks every few weeks from now until the First Saturday in May.

I don't give much of a hoot about 2 YO racing, so the Holy Bull, The Count Fleet and the Sham were my first impressions so far.

Holy Bull



The Count Fleet



The Sham Stakes



I liked what I saw from all three winners but the trail's just starting...

Turk Out!

No comments: