Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Nomination Is In: The $500,000 Woodbine Oaks




"Hair of the Dog Handicapping"


The Turk should be talking about his $10,300 superfecta win today, but alas, I'm not.  If you look closely at my bet composition for the Belmont Superfecta, the win bet is in there, but I didn't bet the race aggressively enough. 

You live and sometimes learn as a gambler.  My philosophy has always been to be conservative, which means that I have very close to really big scores in the past, but I've also missed out on huge losses. 

We all have to have our own level of risk and reward.   I loved my handicap, regardless of the bet.  My tosses were spot on and I strongly identified Incognito as a key horse in the superfecta.  That's why you have to analyze your bets after the fact, to understand if you know what the hell you are doing or not.  I'm a better handicapper than a bettor,and there is always something to be learned.

Today's Woodbine Oaks, run over a very fair playing fake dirt track is a good bounce back for me, just to get the bad taste of yesterday's bitter loss behind me. 

Let's get it on.



I'll let my base handicap and bet speak for itself right now;  I don't see alot of value in this bet and I expect the top of tote board to hit the top spots, but let's take a shot and see how it goes. My key gal is Spring in the Air, good enough for Trainer Casse to lure Rosario to be up. 

Have fun friends, Turk Out!

No comments: