Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wire Players Derby Dozen Poll Volume 1 and The Turk's Derby Musings

"The Turk reflecting on 2 Year Olds"


Friends, its time again for the esteemed collective of horse racing minds gathered by The Wire Players, long with one idiot, bald hack handicapper named ye' Ol Turk, to get together and take the temperature of the Triple Crown expected nominees and vote on the Kentucky Derby Top 12.  When I say I have NO CLUE about two year old race horses, I mean it, and it was especially true this year.  I've spent some quality non family time watching video and studying pedigrees just to get familiar, and with the exception of my insertion of Hartford and Indianapolis and my ignoring of Tapiture and Samratt, I see I have pretty much  the same thoughts as the group.  I do have Shared Belief much lower as I take a wait and see with Candy Ride's.

I loved the Triple Crown season last year and I'm intrigued by this year's early favorites.  Combined with some returning four year old's and what looks like a restocking of the Handicap Division, starting with today's Donn Handicap in Gulfstream Park, perhaps this will be a year that piques my interest fully.

We vote every three weeks:  Have fun with it friends, Turk Out!



No comments: