Monday, October 23, 2017

Post Race Analysis of the Maryland Million Classic


Bonus Points

Welcome Friends to The Turk and The Little Turk Blog.

This past weekend's handicap of the Maryland Million Classic was pretty spot on and produced $695.80 on Trifecta and Exacta wins and unfortunately I left a very winable $627.50 Superfecta in the register.

As I said pre race, I mostly assembled value exactas around my base handicap, focusing on Ghost Bay, Clubman or Southside Warrior for value and Bonus Points taking the wire late.

It was a good read of the field on my part, especially when I announced I was very confused, mostly because of my first attempt to handicap using Timeform US PP's.  I will admit I am intrigued by them, but I was very out of my comfort zone and ended up buying a DRF Formulator PP as well.  I guess I jacked up the takeout from my own pocket buying two PPs for one race!

Pace/Class/Current Form.  That was the decoder ring for this race.










This was a nice handicapping day that provided my mind lots of good race puzzles to solve.  I've been on a gambling sabbatical since mid September so the reawakening of my red pen was planned and now it's onto the Breeders' Cup!

Turk Out.