Sunday, May 23, 2010

Post Race Analysis for Race Day May 22, 2010: The Pick Three at Arlington Park including the American Guineas & Arlington Classic

It does make me feel like summer when I start handicapping turf races from Arlington Park. I love the paddock and I love the way the turf plays, even if I'm not great playing it. As for the main track, eh, fake dirt doesn't thrill me and with Belmont and then Saratoga open at the same time, I'd rather play those dirt surfaces then the main track at Arlington, but I love the turf! This panoramic paddock picture is from Cindy Pierson and Terence Dulay.

As for the betting, I won the Pick Three on a $2 bet that cost $24 to construct and my second choice once all three races. I had some value built into my bet but the chalk or almost chalk won all three. As for my Superfectas, close but no cigar. Let's go!

Arlington Park Pick Three May 22, 2010: Race 8- Race 9- Race 10 (hyperlinked to race charts)



It was a tale of losing two superfectas by a head and a 1/2 length. Orchestrator nipping Chantilly Nayla cost me in the American Guineas. In the Arlington Classic, Mister Marti Gras 1/2 length finish over Our Champion cost me the superfecta there. I kept the bets reasonable and it was a bit of a wash today:



Life is Grand. Have Fun, Turk out!

No comments: