Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Nomination Is In: The Late Pick 4 at Kentucky Downs

Welcome Friends to The Turk and the Little Turk. 

The Turk loves turf racing, but I was very late to the game with Kentucky Downs.  Coming on the heels of summer meets at Saratoga and Del Mar, my attention normally turns to Presque Isle, Belmont and Santa Anita as I start to think about my biggest gambling weekend of every year, Breeders' Cup.  It wasn't until two years ago that I embraced this quirky track and it's quirky meet that is both race fan friendly, bettor friendly and incredibly forward thinking in comparison to most of what I see from horse racing "thinkers". 

I've spent the better part of 3 hours handicapping the last four races of the card today, a pick four sequence that kicks off at 5:18 ET.  The scratches and changes can be found here and my picks represent the best knowledge of scratches at around 11:00 ET.  It should be dry today.


I'm going to watch the races before finalizing my P4 selections.  I've provided my possible covers in my chart and I'll be using my base handicaps to fashion my vertical bets. 

Have fun with this card friends.  Will focus a bit more on each race in the Post Race review.

Turk Out!


No comments: