Saturday, May 14, 2011

Post Race Analysis for Race Day 14 May 2011: BEL Race 9: The Peter Pan Grade 2

Ramon Dominguez! You know Ramon helped make my wallet over $800 thicker this afternoon with his win on Alternation in the Grade 2 Peter Pan, the key single in my Superfecta win.

I betcha Ramon carries a wallet; it's the one that says bad mother f**ker on it! I reckon I digressed, anyway....

As a handicapper I get a sense of when the seas are parting. Don't get me wrong though, that is no sure sign of dollar bills being handed my way, but that feeling underlies what I call pattern recognition. On paper, The Peter Pan unfolded for me in terms of class and pace. While I didn't pick the order 1-10 perfectly, I did clearly see the line between the top four and everyone else, and thats as close to clarity as you get in this game.

The Arkansas Derby to me has become one of the key dirt races of every season and Oaklawn Park seems to be a great place to launch your campaign. Alternation took defeat in Arkansas, added some sharp work and gave a nice final kick to win today.

BEL Race 9: The Peter Pan Grade 2



The gambling part of the day involved singling Alternation. Sometimes you just have to take a stand and thats how strongly I felt about the quality of the Arkansas Derby field and how ready I thought this colt was today for conditioner Von Hemel. The rest of the bet just involved making the cut off just below my sixth favorite, leaving five horses in the red, four horses when Isn't He Perfect scratched.

The Turk is a pretty happy cigar smokin', bourbon drinking bald fella right now. The Little Turk's U-11 Soccer team won both games today and made the Championship game in the tournament which is tomorrow, yet I still found time to handicap, bet and take down a superfecta. Life is good.

Have fun, Turk Out!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats to you on your winning day! I took a stand on Newsdad and it didn't work out, c'est la vie! Keep the Momentum going!!!