Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Nomination Is In: February 20, 2010; Gulfstream Park Pick 3 with Fountain of Youth as well as Risen Star & Southwest Stakes

Spectacular, Spectacular.
Finally a weekend set of races to get excited about! With last Monday's cancellation of the Southwest Stakes card at Oaklawn Park and a reschedule for today we find ourselves with some very nice three year old action and the races I'm handicapping here contain 35 Triple Crown nominations. I'm skipping a race at Fair Grounds because of time constraints but some Turk favorites General Quarters, Friesan Fire and Giant Oak are going at it and Giant Oak will be taking the main track and scratching from the turf event.. Good Stuff, let's go!

Gulfstream Park Races 8-10; Fair Grounds Race 10; Oaklawn Park Race 10
(spreadsheet attached)



The Fountain of Youth is a thin collection of horses, with the class being Jackson Bend and Buddy's Saint and this Turk is intrigued by the Pletcher trainee Eskendereya who is stepping up in class today. Radiohead (GB)has scratched from the Hutcheson.

Overall, I have no particular bet strategy yet. At Gulfstream Park I plan on betting the Pick Three with a reasonable 2 X 3 X 3 base bet for $18. I'll e looking at exacta's in the individual races. At Oaklawn and Fair Grounds I'm looking for exactas and 10 cent super's.

I'm late to the party today so instead of blathering, I'm going to check out and work out my bets. I'm watching HRTV and the conditions and weather at these tracks looks very good so don't worry about that. Enjoy and I'll be more verbal in the post race.

Have Fun, Turk Out!

No comments: