Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Nomination In In: Travers Day Grand Slam Race 9-10-11-12

Mind Your Biscuits/NYRA

Welcome Friends to the Second Edition of the Turk and the Little Turk on Travers Day 2017.  The first post of the day focused on Races 6-8-8 while this post is the Grand Slam of races 9-10-11 and 12.

The Turk isn't a big on historical context. I'm a handicapper, a race fan, but I'm not one of the self important  horse racing elites who feel the need to give you  share with you their opinion of which historical runner was better than the other.

I will go out on a limb and say that Mind Your Biscuits is the second most successful NY State Bred of the past 15 years since Funny Cide.  I don't think that will be too controversial.

Race 9 starts a Pick 4 Grand Slam and concludes the card for me.

Let's Get After it!



Race 9 also starts a P3 (9-10-11) as well as the Grand Slam (9-10-11-12) while Race 10 Starts a P3 (10-11-12) as well and I'll be playing horizontally as well as vertically.  I'm going to end my blogging for the day with just a quick preview of the P4/Grand Slam Horizontal that starts off Race 9.




I'll be focused on something similar to these base handicap/bet constructions.  It's time for the Ol' Turk to put down the blog and settle into racing.  We'll talk about the races and the racers themselves more in detail with video in the post race posts.

Have Fun Friends- Turk Out!

No comments: