Friday, November 28, 2008

The Nominations are in: November 28th, 2008

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. The Turk, along with little Turk and the whole Turk brood keep a low profile on Turk-ey day, but we feel pretty safe now that the feather frenzy is over.

I'm looking to handicap and enjoy 4 particular races today.

Race 3 at the Big A is The True Affair, a 7F jaunt around cold dirt for Fillies 2 YO.

The ML favorite is at 3-1, a Kiaran McLaughlin trained, Garcia ridden, West Point Tbreds owned Justwhistledixie. This is a tough race to call and I'm predicting a good payout for the winner as well as some insight into these baby girls, which is why we are paying atention instead of lined up like lemmings outside a box store.

Race 11 at CD is the 1 1/8 mile, G2, The Clark Handicap, being held for the 135th time. There are some horses as a horse fan I really enjoy and this is quite a treat to get this lineup. I most likely won't be betting because I think, but also want, Commentator, the ML 1-1 favorite, to run away with it. The Turk loves Commentator, and that's why I'm smart enough to not get too carried away with betting this one. I will say, if you can make make an arguement against Commetator, the money will be there. That will be my approach. I really liked Einstein early this year, unraced since the Arlington Mile way back in early August.

The last tw races for me today will both be at HOL. Race 6 is The Miesque, a 1 mile G3 for 2 YO Fillies on Turf. Kiaran McLaughlin again has the ML favorite, 5-2 Habaya, running for Shadwell Farms today with R. Migliore up. I wonder what's like to have a barn full of potential like Kiaran seems to have had the past few?

And finaly, Race 8 at Hollywood, The Citation Handicap, G1, 1 1/16 miles raced across Turf for 3YO and up. ML favorite is Whatsthescript coming off a 99 Beyer in the Breeder's Cup Mile. I'm going to be studying this one closely as I think it will be a great race with a good payout most likely.

The Turk is settling in for a little work and a little pleasure. I appreciated the kind notes of Thanksgiving blessings from strangers but readers of the Turk. I hope you all enjoy some good leftovers and some great races.

No comments: