Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Nomination Is In: The Old Friends $250K at Kentucky Downs

"....and they're off!"  Photo:  Thoroughbred Daily News
Welcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk blog. We're back for the second of five days of this meet and the focus race is the $250,000 Old Friends, Race 9, for three year old's and up which have not won a sweepstakes in 2018.

You will find entries, scratches and changes and track condition here.  The weather looks like it may be a bit wet a few hours before post time before stopping.  I'm assuming firm turf for now.

Because this is the work week, and I'm a working class stiff, I won't be conducting the usual video and trip analysis here in the blog.  If you are new to The Turk, please check out my achieve, as I put alot of time and attention into trip handicapping and the results have been well worth it.

Let's get it on!




The Turk is a form handicapper who utilizes video analysis and analytics to form base handicaps which I use to primarily pick exacta bets.  In calendar year 2018 I return $1.65 for each $1 invested.  With older turf runners I believe in late turn of foot, tactical speed depending on track configuration, race distance and post position, class, and trip analysis over past several races.  These Kentucky Downs races are serious challenges and the conditions on this race, "...which have not won a sweepstakes in 2018..." opens up the field widely.

None of these runners scream "chalk".  The morning line favorite is 4-1  Undrafted.  Wesley Ward's runners Undrafted and Master Merion are making their first starts since late June at Ascot.  Undrafted has $1.4 MM in career earnings with 12 Win-Places but is winless in 4 Kentucky Downs starts.

Instead of rambling like I normally do, I'm going to let the base handicap stand and I will post an update with my selections prior to the race.

UPDATE 11:12 ET 9/5

Undrafted/8 and Conquest Panthera/9, along with All Right/8 are early scratches.  Undrafted (20%) and Conquest Panthera (16.67%) represented 37% winning odds by the morning line.  This thing is wide open. 

I'll be back with my picks before post time.  

Have fun (mid week) with this one.

Turk Out!

No comments: