Friday, April 10, 2009

Post Race Analysis for Race Day April 9,2009: The Vinery Madison GI

Race 8 KEE: The Vinery Madison Grade I; 7f on fake dirt for F&M 4 YO and Up.



The Turk couldn't find any good video of the Vinery Madison, but he did listen to the race call live via At the Races with Steve Byk. www.thoroughbredracingradionetwork.com I'm not sure how the pace played into the race (final time 1:21.64 final furlong 12.37) but Ventura came up a nose short at the end. Informed Decision, resting since October, ran a very sharp race and it wasn't a huge surprise that she was there at the end. I expected more from Bsharpsonata, but she was a non factor. The rest of the race I felt I read pretty well and was rewarded with a Tri bet on a bit of a stretch for me, $18 bet on one race for $71 in returns. The Turk's mantra is and continues to be that consistency as a handicapper and a bettor is key. Do the same things every race, analyze the same, learn, evolve, but be consistent. You'll win more in the long haul with consistency then you will gain by being erratic, even if erratic sometimes results in cashing tickets.

The Maker's Mark Mile is today. I don't generally bet turf miles, but I love to watch them. Thorn Song is a really beautiful horse and I wish her well today. If I have time later I'll handicap the race but I may take a break and get ready for the Bluegrass and Arkansas Derby tomorrow. Another big, big day.

Blessed Easter to anyone who is of that persuasion, TGIF to all you secular-only types.

No comments: