Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Nomination Is In: June 10, 2009: Woodbine: The Bold Ruckus $125,000 on Turf

The Turf loves Turf racing, and quite frankly, in the middle of the week I'm having, I could use a good handicap to buoy my spirits.

This race, The Bold Ruckus, is an interesting affair. A 6f Turf Sprint with a field of 7, none of whom have raced on Turf before. My rules of betting would preclude me from spending a dime, but I will wager between two and six bucks and see if we can't make something out of it.

WO Race 4: The Bold Ruckus $125,000; 6F on Turf for 3YO with blah , blah limitations on sires and Ontario...blah blah blah.



When weighing the merits of these runners, I looked at current form first, and I settled on current work and last race. Paso Doble has had two exception 5f works in the past several weeks as well as 93 BSF at 6f on WO synthetic. He's the third favorite choice on the Morning Line and I'm feeling contrarian.

I was torn deeply on the second through fourth place finishers. I settled on Daniel Be Good for Place. I like the J/T stats and the Trainer Gonzalez's stats in particular. He worked from the gate this week and I think he'll improve on his last out 77 BSF.

And Bare With Me has worked sharply as well and is going blinkers off today. Just a hunch and if you want to hedge, consider lightly raced The Boy's Ring in the top three.

Woodbine races at night on Wednesday's. I'm hoping to take my passport and go to the races in the next few weeks. Until then, my little video feed will have to do.

Goodnight and Turk Out!

No comments: