Friday, June 12, 2009

The Nomination Is In: June 12, 2009; The Kashatreya $65,000 at BEL

Kind of a ho-hum 1 mile race that generally the Turk would pass on, but remember I am a race horse fan first and I get excited when the stars come out. Which brings me to this race, a $65,000 3rd race at Belmont that features horses bred and foaled in NY State. Currently none is grander or mightier then Commentator, who makes his first return to NYS dirt since the Whitney last July. He's a 1-5 morning line selection, and I don't think I'll make much of a case against him not winning, but it's a five horse field, lets see what we can do with this!

Race 3 BEL: Post Time 4 PM ET: The Kashatreya $65,000; 1 Mile on Dirt for 3 YO and Up foaled in NYS.



I'm not sure what we can do with this really. The chalk, the overwhelming chalk Commentator I believe will win this race. With that belief I will fashion just a few straight TRI bets following my base handicap. I will jostle with Joe Corrigan and Naughty New Yorker for Show and I have tossed Commissioner Chris completely. No more then 6 bucks with maybe one straight that puts Stud Muffin on top and Commentator in the two spot. Not worth boxing this one. I don't think track condition will make a big difference, but the below link will get you to updated information from Belmont.

BELMONT PARK
TRACK & TURF CONDITIONS FOR FRIDAY, 6/12/2009
TRACK CONDITIONS

Weather: Showers
Track: Sloppy
Turf: OFF
Races off the Turf: 2,7,8,9
For the most up to date Track conditions please view the Scratches/Changes page on NYRA.com

Last Updated at 6/12/2009 7:27:27 AM

Turk Out!

No comments: