Saturday, July 8, 2017

Graded Stakes Race Analysis From Belmont and Arlington Park


Ghost Hunter

Welcome friends to the Post handicap review of the Turk and the Little Turk.  The Turk gave out for the Arlington Handicap one name as live and long, none other than 12-1 Ghost Hunter and $2 win bettors were rewarded with $26.  The 7 YO Ghostzapper has run very well on the AP fake dirt and won last time out over Deleware Park grass.

I was surprised that Kasaqui tracked and fired too late.  I was not surprised that Oak Brook ran so well coming off the Black Tie Affair win.  A ridiculous 20-1 Morning line that carried over to the Tote Board.

I had very limited betting today.  I passed on the Suburban.  As you'll see, with a scratch the field dropped to five and I was pretty sure Shaman Ghost would win.  I wasn't/still isn't a Keen Ice backer, but he made one hard run and it was plenty today.

The Modesty and the Arlington Handicap was a mixed bag for me.  Just focused on the slotting, the color shows I had the horses slotted appropriately in order of finish.  I did pretty good on the Modesty with a Trifecta, Exacta and a $10 Win Bet on Dona Bruja (Arg).

In the Arlington Handicap as I said previously, I was eyeing Ghost Hunter as the long shot and had a $10 win bet on him.   I gave back about half those winnings on some poorly constructed cards centered on Kasaqui and Manitoulin.

















































Finally at Belmont, I was turned off by a six horse Suburban and really turned off when Sunny Ridge scratched and left five.




Hindsight 20-20 I made a major betting error.  If I would have simply boxed my trifecta selections from my base handicap, a $2 bet costing $12, would have returned $96.  I left money on the table, but I was just turned off.





























Finally, a few races from Belmont Park to pay attention to.

Race 10: The Belmont Derby Invitational.  3 YO 1 1/4 Miles Grass.



























Race 6  The Dywer, Grade 3.  1 Mile, Dirt  3YO's




















Turk Out!

No comments: