Saturday, July 15, 2017

Post Race Recap with Video and Charts: Delaware Park Pick 3 with Delaware Handicap


Songbird- Averie Levanti
Welcome Friends to the Post Race recap edition of The Turk and the Little Turk.

The Turk sat on the sidelines today in the Race 7-8-9 Pick 3 at Delaware Park I handicapped earlier in the day. Too many scratches and no real belief that anything other than chalk in at least two of the legs would win. What did I pass on?  The $2 Pick 3 paid $21.40.  The race track investor must be choosy and I wasn't thrilled with the fields or the quality running today.  There is nothing wrong with passing and The Turk has always rejected this idea of needing some action.  I know, boring old stodgy Turk, well I'd rather be old (bald) and stodgy with a positive ROI than a riverboat gambler.

When I looked at the selections before race 7, I fully expected Eighty Three would win as a heavy chalk, I thought Frostmourne or Master Plan would win Race 8 and Songbird would win in Race 9.    I saw no value and passed.








Race 7


































Race 8


Race 9





I'm really baffled why supposed race fans bash horses.  Songbird just won her 13th race in 14 lifetime starts.  I'm happy for Mr. Rick Porter and the very proud organization, Fox Hill Farms.

I don't know where Songbird stacks up in the greatest Filly ever list and quite frankly, it doesn't matter.  She's not racing Zenyatta, Rachael Alexandra, Blind Luck, Royal Delta, Flower Bowl, Bayakoa, Ruffian or Our Mims, she's racing whoever shows up.  I'm happy for her connections today, and she exits ready to battle the naysayers another day.

The Porters: Rick and Betsy


Turk Out!










No comments: