Monday, July 31, 2017

Post Race Video and Analysis of Monmouth Park on Haskell Day with Late Graded Stakes P3


Money'soncharlotte-DRF
Welcome Friends to the Turk and The Little Turk Post Race Wrap Up of The Haskell and the Late Graded Stakes Pick 3 At Monmouth Park on 30 July 2017.

The Turk had a good day, and while not bragging, I have no qualms with pointing out that this free blog brings consistent handicapping and tees up positive ROI Bet constructions.

That handsome gal went off at 9-1 and the Turk was all over her placing her atop my base handicap.  Video and visual handicapping left me very unimpressed with Carrumba, who I expected and was the chalk.   Moneys'oncharlotte came into Molly Pitcher with two straight improving wins for Trainer Kelly Breen.  I really liked how Eskenformoney gamely came up for Place in final furlong.

Carumba was Carumba, good but not good enough.  She's now 13 of 15 in the money (4 wins with last win April of 2016, and she was the chalk?)  the classy Bernadini 5 YO.

I don't think The Matchmaker was hard to figure out.  The Turk did not hop on Miss Temple City like most, I liked War Flag to win.  I don't like the returning from Ascot angle any more than I like returning from Dubai, it takes a lot out of the horse and I want to see a good race effort before I hop on that.  I thought Wekeela(Fr) would be good but what a easy trip Castellano gave her.  I'm still high on War Flag and that should keep her next race price reasonable.

Alive in the Pick 3, I died in The Haskell (I didn't technically die- I didn't play my handicaps, I don't always feel like gambling.  Do I need to give my degenerate card back?)  I have really liked Girvin since The Louisiana Derby  and he finished very strong along with McCracken, who I haven't warmed to yet and I should.

Timeline and Irish War Cry were the losers here, failing to advance themselves, but I still like Timeline's class an awful lot.  If I were the connections I'd stay the course, maybe look for Grade 2 competition in the Conditions Book. Practical Joke showed consistency, Battle of Midway was the betting public's 4th choice, I didn't think too much of him, 7th on my list.







The Haskell G1







































The Matchmaker G3











































The Molly Pitcher G3
























Are you playing Saratoga?  I was hesitant this weekend because I want to see another week or so how the surface is playing.  Talk about a golden live rail!  It's there to be exploited but I'm still leery.  I'll be watching the results for another few days before I decide where to invest next weekends racing capital.

Have fun friends, thanks for reading, Turk Out!

No comments: