Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Nomination Is In: The All Graded Stakes Pick 3 at Monmouth inc. Haskell

Irish War Cry- Horse Racing Nation

Welcome friends to The Turk and the Little Turk.  My horse racing engagement was cut short this weekend with the Little Turk's U-19 Soccer team playing in a tournament.  With the team laying a rare egg, I was free to spend sometime looking at the Haskell and the two Grade 3's late on the Monmouth Card, the Molly Pitcher and the Matchmaker.

I'm very impressed by this year's Triple Crown crop of runners.  The runners exiting the Kentucky Derby this year have been competitive and are a fun group.  I don't really care where they rank in terms of past years and I don't care.  That's the sort of stupid discussion that takes place on Twitter that I couldn't be bothered with.  I'm sure it's the same with every sport, you get these elitists, either insiders or on the periphery of the inside, who feel like someone put them in charge of moderating all horse racing conversations.  I'd rather no one ever read this Blog than kiss some of these "expert's" asses to get mentioned.  They do nothing to help  market or grow this sport, they seem only content to let other's know they are serious horse racing observers (fan would be beneath them).  The new way to denigrate a blog like mine is to label it "tout".  Tout is a four letter word and that's what these serious people think of anyone who writes about handicapping or gambling, unless it's their friend who's the tout.

Yes, the Turk doesn't give a hoot about these experts.

Let's get it on!




These are some pretty interesting fields.  The Molly Pitcher is a complete mystery to me.  None of these fillies and mares seems to want to win when I watch on video.

I'm really looking forward to how Miss Temple City and War Flag hook up in The Matchmaker.  I like what I see from War Flag.

In the Haskell, we have a very deep field and I'm backing Timeline and Irish War Cry as the class of the bunch.

I doubt I make a $36 bet, but it will be some variation of what I have there in my handicap.  Keep your eye on conditions and scratches and changes.  The dirt is fast and the turf is good.


Race 12: The Haskell Grade 1:  1 1/8 Miles on Dirt

Iowa Derby G3:  1 1/16 Miles Fast Dirt



Ohio Derby G3: 1 1/8 Miles Fast Dirt



Wood Memorial G2:  1 1/8 Miles Fast Dirt



Affirmed G3 1 1/16 Miles on Fast Dirt- four horse, paceless




Pegasus G3:  1 1/16 Miles on Fast Dirt




Dwyer G3:  1 Mile on Fast Dirt.




Race 11:  The Matchmaker G3:  1 1/8 Miles on Turf

OC 50K  1 1/16 Turf 18 June 2017 Mth:  War Flag



The 2016 Matriarch G1: 1 Mile on Turf



Race 10:  Molly Pitcher G3 1 1/16 Miles on Dirt

Fleur De Lis G2:  1 1/8 Miles on Fast Dirt- Carrumba



Lady's Secret Stakes 76K:  1 Mile 70 yards on Fast Dirt



DuPont Distaff G3:  1 1/8 Miles on Fast Dirt



Have fun friends,

Turk Out!

No comments: