Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lost in the....Vodka

Lost in the largeness of the Preakness luster was the stunning victory by the filly Vodka in Tokyo. Vodka romped to a seven length victory in The Victoria Mile Grade I. The defending Japanese Horse of the Year won with Yutaka Take up amongst a field of 18. Vodka powered her way to the mile win 1:32.40.

Like many others, I bet and lost twice with Vodka at Nad Al Sheba, but I'm going to have to give her a mulligan for her efforts in the desert. Her next trip is the Grade 1 Yasuda Kinen Mile against colts in Tokyo on June 7.

1 comment:

Amateurcapper said...

Turk,

I stayed up to watch that race...it was ultra-impressive. She's also a massive distaffer and absolutely toyed with her foes. I thought (wrong again) that she'd be a little dull coming off such a poor Dubai Carnival.

BTW, great playing in the Preakness!