Sunday, May 31, 2009

Post Race Analysis for Race Day May 30, 2009: The Nassau Grade II (Turf) at Woodbine

Race 8 WO: The Nassau Grade II: 1 1/16 miles on Turf for F&M 3 YO and Up.



Horse wagering and investing with Bernie Madoff are the two easiest ways in America to invest $16 dollars and strike a $12.10 return. Ok, Madoff is in jail, and the bet was at a Canadien track, but you get the idea. Handicapping can be like this, but again, it's just as important to look at the post race constructively if you wish to gain expierence and improve.

The Nassau at Woodbine pre race looked like a two horse race, Rutherienne and Callwood Dancer (IRE). The bettors saw it that way too. I saw it that was as well so I went for what I considered an easy, low risk exactor, which I hit. With that in my back pocket, I knew I could place a few exotics and make this race almost a push if I didn't win.

My base handicap had three of the top four finishers slotted exactly, and only Meadow Saffron stood between me and a triactor payout. Even if I would have increased my bets to $24 I would not have included Meadow Saffron, so again the bets you don't place can win you (save you) money.



That is seven races since Callwood Dancer won last, and she ran a great final 1/16. I'm not that worried about her anymore.

No comments: