Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Nomination Is In: May 24, 2009; The Connaught Cup Grade III on Turf at Woodbine

Woodbine is the Turk's go to place in a jiffy for graded stakes action. Family obligations this holiday weekend prevent me from taking a trip north today, but that won't stop me from looking at this turf course race that features a Turk favorite, Rahy's Attorney, making his return to racing for the first time since last November.

Race 7 (post time 4:02 ET) WO: The Connaught Cup Grade III; 1 1/16 miles on Ontario Turf for 4 YOs and Up.



An interesting field to gage current form with. We have three horses coming off of >180 Day layoffs and three horses on a second trip after a layoff. What I think is the wild card is that some of the long layoff horses are top shelf thoroughbreds and should be good enough and experienced enough to go out and be workman like.

My early bet strategy will be several straight Triactor bets and I'll use my top 5 to build those tickets. I think the top of the finished order will be pretty chalky, so I'll limit myself to 10 bucks, no win or exactors, and we'll hope for a bit of chalk filled in with logical tote board party crashers. I'm giving the top slot to Society's Chairman but Rahy's Attorney is the best horse in this race and could/should win. The Tri tickets will be built around these two.



The latest THOROFAN newsletter is out. Consider joining this group who are providing a voice to the average horse fan.

Have fun. Turk Out!

No comments: