Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Post Race Analysis for Race Day May 25, 2009: The Met Mile

Race 10 BEL: The Met (Mile) Handicap Grade I; 1 Mile on NYS Dirt for 3 YO and Up.



Prerace I had a serious "I dunno" feeling. I did feel strongly about Bribon (FR) and Smooth Air. If not for 3/4 of a length and a gutty final few kicks by Driven by Success I'd be talking about the Superfecta that I nailed. I had Driven for Success finishing a bit further down and that's the difficulty with sprint races as you can throw a blanket sometimes around the middle of the pack and it's as much guess work as it is handicapping.

I thought Riley Tucker ran well as did Smooth Air. Look for both to improve next time out.

The Turk bet $12 bucks and made $16.60. Better then losing, but I better keep going to the day job.



Turk Out!

No comments: