Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Nomination is In : January 18th, 2009

The Turk is looking at the Grade 2 El Encino Stakes at the Great Race Place, 1 1/16 miles on Santa Anita's pro ride fake dirt (that only drains so-so- blame it on the last fake dirt)for 4 YO fillies.



It's a chalky type of outlook, but in my opinion there are three chalks in this race. I like the near trajectories that Lethal Heat and Ginger Pop are on. I like the works and the fact that they've ended their winter vacations early and kept working through the holidays. Country Star has the chops, but I have to question if she's ready after such a long layoff. I think Life is Sweet and Foxy Danseur could cause some mix up in the final order, but I can't see anyone taking the wire from one of the big three.

I'm in a winter cocoon right now that I'm rejoining the Turk clan in. Enjoy the races.

No comments: