Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Nominations Are In: January 3, 2009: GP and SA

I'm looking to Gulfsteam today for a a three year old race, The Spectacular Bid, and to Santa Anita for a four year old Filly and Mare Turf race, The Monrovia Handicap, G3.



I think the two morning line favorites, You Luckie Mann and Silent Valor will attract money in equal gobs and that should create a betting opportunity that this prudent bettor will look to capitalize on. As always, bet late and watch the money flow.



The Turk didn't look at the morning lines before handicapping this one. I think my top four make the most sense and I am leaning towards Society Hostess but will keep my options open near post time. My chart lists Society Hostess as the reigning champ. She won in 2007 and was second in 2008.


On an unrelated note, the Turk started to populate his Equibase Virtual Stable with his three year old Derby contenders. In case you are not familiar with Virtual Stable, it is a free tool that you can sign up for through Equibase. Once you enter the horses you want into a personalized stable, you can set yourself to receive workout information and race notifications. I find it useful to keep up on the multiple horses I'm tracking this early in the Derby trail.

2 comments:

Amateurcapper said...

Too bad you didn't leave up your original post w/ NOTONTHESAMEPAGE on top. I hope you still saw his value and cashed at 9-2. He was devastating! The result points out...GP is very kind to speed.

Amateurcapper said...

Sorry Turk,
Had your spot confused with Curb My Enthusiasm. Still, hope you cashed with your 3rd choice as the other two were played hard.