Friday, January 2, 2009

The Nomination is in: January 3, 2009: The Count Fleet at AQU

The Nomination is in. The first handicapped race of the year is The Count Fleet, 1 mile and 70 Yards in the dirt of AQU for 3 YOs.




This is a tricky race to predict. Haynesfield has won at this distance and his top two Beyers are very solid in comparison to the others. He takes on two classy horses in Pitched Perfectly and Aswaaq, classy but needing to show something.

I think it's a coin toss, but The Turk likes the chalk Haynesfield. I'm going to watch the board right up to post and make a game time betting decision. If I do bet I'll look to place Haynesfield in an exacta with either the 1 or 2 horse, and it will be odds driven as I see little seperating these two horses right now.

For the record, Little Turk likes the 3 horse, Jess Not Jesse and Mrs. Turk likes Pitched Perfectly.

No comments: