Friday, May 20, 2011

The Nomination Is In Part 2: Black-Eyed Susan/Preakness Double

Well it's not quite as exciting as when the bean counters bring out the votes at the Oscars, but The Turk has finally gotten around to his Preakness picks to finish his Black-Eyed Susan/Preakness Double.

I'm swinging for the fences friends. The more I look, the more I like the filly Hot Summer, but I'm letting her go and I've loaded up the Black Eyed Susan selections with longer odds and more rewards. The goal of my bet should be to keep the number of selections low, so in order to find value I'm taking what would be my B-/C+ horses and making them my A+'s.

Let's get to it!



In the Preakness, I see four strong win chances with Astrology, Dance City, Animal Kingdom and Mucho Macho Man, and then I have the heavily hyped Dialed In, a fine colt but I'm gagging on all the praise about his final quarter in the Kentucky Derby. I need to listen to my own advice and not read or listen to pre race hype.

I love these multi day double bets, it really gets me jazzed as a horse racing fan. My main focus on today and tomorrow will be Pick 3 and pick 4 as well as inner race Superfectas. I'll be handicapping at least 4 races for tomorrow that I'll blog later, but this Double Bet is a chance to swing for the fences and have some fun. I'm keeping the covers to a minimum and my bet just 2 in the Black Eyed Susan and 4 in the Preakness.

I am a horse racing fan and I'm always hoping for a Triple Crown, so I wish for Animal Kingdom to win, but as a bettor I like Dance City to go at better than 12-1. I like him at this distance, his Arkansas Derby and his work since.

Again, don't break the bank on the double bets, have some fun with it instead.

Turk Out!

No comments: