Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Nomination Is In: November 16, 2008

Baby it's cold outside. I'm 70 miles from Woodbine, and the air is filled with freezing rain and inclement intentions. Still, I wish I was there today, but the Turk is watching the 2 inch video feed instead and lying with the warmth of my weimaraner and a blazing fire. In other words, I'm roughing it.

Today's race I'm handicapping is Race 6 at WO, The Coronation Futurity, for 2 YO's foaled in Canada, raced 1 1/8 miles across Woodbine's version of faux dirt.

The heavy ML favorite is El Brujo. The horse, and all the entrants, has never raced to this distance. El Brujo is coming off a n1X win on October 10th and he owns the best Beyer of the entrants at 79 and is the model of consistant Beyer's over four races since July.

Four of the horses coming into this race were last seen on yielding WO turf turning in awful performances. I'm going to throw those results out the window.

I've dismissed Gallant from the 5 post as being too slow and not very seasoned. I'm dismissin the 4-1 Active Duty as well from the 6 post.

I'm looking at Khabibulin at ML 8-1. His key race was 7f in 1:22.25. The Chalk's best 7f was 1:23.52. They both worked 5f on November 9th, seperated by 1/5 of a second. I'm on the hunt for a value exacta.

I also like the 1 horse, Cool Diablo. A similar 5f work was 3/5's faster the chalk. His last race was a mile over dirt and he won by 8 lengths.

Hmmmmmm.....

I could see a good payout winner and exacta if El Brujo falters.

I'm toying with a 4-1 box exacta (Khabibulin/Cool Diablo) or a 4-1-2 Straight Tri.

No comments: