Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post Race Analysis: November 15, 2008

Race 8 at the Big A, the 1 1/8 G3 Stuyvesant Handicap was raced across genuine NYS dirt turned to pure slop. Helsinki and Phil the Power scratched and exercised good sense. My choice, Temporary Saint, went to the front and only surrendered the lead at the end of the stretch run. The Little Turk's eye for horse flesh was rewarded again today as he cashed tickets on Dry Martini who paid $10.20 to win. Stud Muffin, whom I dismissed as a pre-race contender, had a good run to take Place. To those who read the Blood Horse, there was a great article on Trainer David Jacobson (who claimed Temporary Saint earlier this year) in the issue that arrived today.

Race 9 at CD, the 1 1/8 turf stakes G3, Cardinal, was a race I watched the tote board closely on up until post. Pre-race I liked Callwood Dancer, but the prerace chalk went off at paltry odds and I decided to look in other places. I settled on a Kent Desormeaux mount, Indescribable. I liked Lady Digby, but her odds were unacceptable as well, going off as the bettors second choice. I'd call this bet a flyer, an informed guess.

The Little Turk liked Long Approach. I placed a straight exacta bet down on the 10-3, Indescribable and Long Approach and was rewarded with a $15.40 win bet and a $199 exacta take.

One of those good, semi-unexpected days.

I did take sometime looking at WO Race 8, the 7f Glorious Song. I thought the chalk, Selva, would win and she did. No bet, but a horse to watch is just as good.

For those keeping track, Big Turk is now up $157.64 in operating income in this current Breeders Cup to Breeders Cup cycle. I bought a month's worth of PP's today from DRF, but I hit big on the win and exacta.

My current expenses are at $67.45 and earnings are now $225.09. The two dollar bettor can scratch out good days.

No comments: