Monday, April 6, 2009

The Nomination Is In: April 8, 2009; The Beaumont Grade II

Ahhh, Keeneland. The Turk generally likes to lay low on Monday's after busy weekends, but I just can't resist taking an early look at the Keeneland card for this week. The best way to get a feel for how the tracks playing is to just start handicapping, and in anticipation of the Blue Grass Stakes, it's time to break out the red flair pen and get it on. In case you're wondering which fine looking IEAH horse that is, that's 2008 Beaumont winner, Ariege, with Gomez up. Photo by Equisportphotos.com

KEE Race 8 (Wednesday April 8, 2009): The Beaumont Grade II; 7 furlongs and 184 feet (.35 furlongs) on some version of fake dirt for fillies 3 YO.



I'm calling this my preliminary handicap. Outside of Evita Argentina and Dave's Revenge, I'm not very familar with these horses, on I'll be doing some trip checks tomorrow and I'll set a final ordering. I think that Evita Argentina is the class of the race and should win. I would expect the horse to get pushed to <2-1. I'm intrigued by Selva and may fashion some tickets with her on top.

I love mid week stake races. Good stuff! I wish I was in the bluegrass for the next few weeks, but this honorary Kentucky gentleman will have to sip a bit of bourbon and think about a trip next year.

No comments: