Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Nominations Are In: Arlington Million Day Races 7-12


Welcome Friends to the Turk and the Little Turk.  Today's blogging is on location at Arlington Park as Little Turk and I take in the 35th Edition of The Arlington Million.  

Last year at Million Day 34, we sweated our asses off but enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.  The track is beautiful, the staff are friendly, the paddock and windows highly accessible. Now if only the State of Illinois wasn't so f**ked up as to not screw this treasure up in the name of slot revenues.  I promised myself that today will only be about today, I'm living in the moment of this Million and I'm hopeful for the future that this beautiful track that this wonderful sport find a way to survive with a business model that works. 

I've handicapped from Race 7, The Secretariat through Race 12 The Pucker Up.  The handicaps are quick and dirty as I'm building P3's and P4's today and my horizontals will be pure value plays on exacta and win.

Do you have a favorite race track and favorite day at that track.  Mine use to be Traver's/King Bishop Day but I felt priced out on that day at Saratoga.  I think The Million is my day.  I love Breeders's Cup Saturday, The Million and its a coin toss between the revamped Belmont Day and Kentucky Derby Day.  I love the spectacle of the big day.  Anyways, Little Turk, who's not so little anymore, and I get to hang out and relax and you can't put a price tag on that.

I work for a family owned business, very sharp people, and working around them makes me very sharp, always on, always thinking.  The track allows me to use that awareness and sharpness to my advantage.  My handicapping has been peaking over the past two months.  I'm just like a horse in some ways, I'm on my 2nd off a long layoff.  I'll try and stay sharp under Breeders' Cup before I get some farm time.  I've really enjoyed blogging and hopefully the readers will return from Twitter one day.

Enjoy friends!  Time to grab the car and drive out to the track.  First post 1:15 ET. Turk Out!






No comments: