Saturday, September 15, 2018

Milestones: 650 Blog Posts and 10 Years of Blogging




































Welcome friends to a special Turk and the Little Turk entry.  It's hard to believe, but 10 years of blogging is upon us and we reached that milestone at the same time as we've reached 650 Blog Posts.

Is this "must read" material?  Far from it, but it's done honestly and objectively.  I strive to offer my readers a politics free/religion free/ no BS view of each race that I feature, not to tell you who to bet but to hopefully to help you solidify your own opinions one way or the other and to see the races perhaps from another perspective.

I hate the term tout.  I am not a tout.  I am indifferent to what you do nor do I engage in telling people why they are wrong and I'm right.  Not my scene.  I love the sport, I'm good at making small incremental additions to my investment capital, and most importantly, I do this for the relaxation and enjoyment it brings me.

I'd be remiss to not credit my handicapping style to the writings of Brad Free and Tom Ainslie, with a few others mixed in as well.  My blogging was inspired by the blogs I found online.  Gene Kershner should be blamed thoroughly for providing early assistance and encouragement.  You can find his excellent work for The Buffalo News here

Raceday 360 has been a major source of my traffic for years now and The Thorofan's Handicappers Corner have been very supportive, even after some terrible picks I've made for them over the years. 

You only get so many 10 year periods of time in your lifetime.  This blog has been my major work "destressing" outlet, and for that I am grateful.  Blogging took a real hit after Twitter arrived.  People don't write in the long form much when most people just want to know who you are picking.  I've never been a person who gave a hoot about the trends of our culture, and the meager traffic doesn't concern me either.  I know I have readers, I appreciate each one of them and that's all that matters.

Big Thanks to Mrs Turk who indulges this time suck as well as my sidekick, the not so little anymore, Little Turk. 

The Turk! 

No comments: