Thursday, September 25, 2008

Saturday 27 September 2008 Nominations Are In

As I've said friends, the Turk likes to handicap four races a week. No quicker do I say that I have to add an asterisk to that statement. This weekend I'm paying close attention to seven races, and I think I'll bet at least four of them with a bankroll of $6/race.

As this is Thursday night, the following comments are off the cuff and have not been subjected to deep thoughts and my red pen (or several Maker's Mark and Pepsi's).

I have printed the PP for the following:

At Belmont, Saturday 27 September 2008

Race 6: The Beldame, G1. F&M 3yo and up. 1 1/8 main. I love Ginger Punch, but I'll pay attention to the betting odds moments before post and if i get the right price of at least 4-1 or higher on Lemon Drop Mom and5-1 on Unbridled Belle I'll be tempted. I like this race and the horses so I may just be watching...

Race 8: The Vosburgh, G1. 3yo and up. 6F main. No superstars, just some even matched horses running flat out. Should be fun and I look forward to picking apart the numbers. Rockerfeller is coming in with the last race best Beyer of 112 and I think their will be some underlays to be found.

Race 9: Joe Hirsch Turf Classic, G1. 3yo and up. 1 1/2 Turf. I like Proudinsky and I'm going to be looking at him as my chalk and trying to make a case against him.

Race 10: The Jockey Gold Cup, G1. 3yo and up. 1 1/4 main. Curlin will go off at ugly odds, and while I love the horse, he has to make a statement that he's still the dominant horse this season. I'll be looking to bet against him if I can get good odds with Wanderin' Boy or Mambo in Seattle. Does AP Arrow have a chance, I would think he'll go off at least 8-1 or higher.

...and at Santa Anita

Race 5: The Lady's Secret, G1. F&M, 3yo and up. 1 1/16 main. I'll be watching, not sure if betting. I haven't seen Zenyatta as often as I'd should have. What odds will Hysterical Lady go off at? I'll be watching.

Race 9: The Yellow Ribbon, G1. F&M 3yo and up. 1 1/4 Turf. No particular reason I chose this race, but it looked challenging and I'll spend some time in this PP. The little Turk will spend 20 seconds and I promise he'll show.

Race 10: The Goodwood, G1. 3yo and up. 1 1/8 main. I was thrilled by Spirit One at the Arlington Mile and I've been teased and thrown away many a ticket on Tiago. This one looks like fun.

No comments: