Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Nomination Is In: The Pegasus World Cup Turf International G1 at GP

Ivar: Photo Bloodhorse
 Welcome back to The Turk Blog, where I previously handicapped Race 11, the Pegasus World Cup  Filly and Mare Turf G3 and today we target Race 12, the Pegasus World Cup Turf Cup G1.  

 So much nuance on the past performances, especially for older runners over routes of grass.  My base handicap tries to ignore the pace scenario and focus on ranking who the best horses are, in order, and then a fair line is set.  The fair line is set to 100% while the Morning Line is calibrated to track takeout, ever increasing track takeout.  I don't get hung up on the percentages too much, but the ordering of the horses and where I think they may finish relative to an exacta bet, the focal point of this blog.  So much nuance with this group.  That handsome fella to the left is Ivar, the b7 year old son of Agnes Gold (JPN) from Sunday Silence.  They really can bred the turf runners in South America.  

I am just going to post my base handicap for now.  I spent so much time building it I ran out of time to prattle on about the video I pulled on many of them.

The Pegasus World Cup Turf International G1; 1 1/8 Miles on expected Firm Turf for 4 YO and Up


I'm going to go deep with this one, taking my Win and Place horses into the exacta:  My initial thoughts just to memorialize it is:  $2 Exacta: 10/12 OVER 10-12-6-2-7-9 for $20.

Enjoy the racing friends!

Turk Out.

No comments: